Pastor Maury DeYoung
Combining a passion for the outdoors and a calling to ministry, Pastor Maury DeYoung is inspiring people all over the world to connect with people in creative ways.
As a life long avid outdoorsmen, Maury has connected with numerous outdoors people and has a passion for creating relationships with people while being intentional about sharing his faith. Whether in a fishing boat, walking through the woods, or with a group of men at a camp fire, Maury doesn't just experience God's creation, he helps others to know the Creator of it.
Having attended Fuller Theological Seminary and completing a Masters in Divinity (MDiv) from Calvin Seminary, Maury has spent more than 30 years on staff in various churches in the Christian Reformed denominiation. He has pastored churches in Colorado, Iowa, Illinios, and Michigan as well as working missions as a church planter.
Maury started an outdoorsmens club in a church in Michigan where he was on staff. The club started out small, with just a few guys getting together to watch a video, and in the next 16 years this club reached out to over 10,000 people through monthly events and a variety of other outdoor activities. During that time Maury assisted churches in starting outdoors ministries.
He transitioned into a full time role of working with churches and now has assisted over 100 churches in starting outdoor events or a complete outdoor ministry.
He is a certified Hunter Safety instructor.
He has served on task forces and committees for the Michigan DNRE (Such as: Hunter Recruitment and Retention).
A professional speaker, Maury speaks at outdoors events across the world, leads mens retreats, and has spoken at numerous conferences and trade shows including Iron Sharpens Iron and Leave No Man Behind.
Speaking topics include
- Ministry Coaching Topics, assisting churches in starting and improving outdoors ministries for people in their church and community.
- Outdoors Event Topics, spoken at Wild Game & Fish Dinners, Outdoor retreats, and many other settings, Maury shares hunting & fishing stories and encourages the audience to experience or grow their relationship in Jesus Christ.
- Greif Seminars, Sharing personal experiences in dealing with grief having lost a child at age 16, Maury opens his heart and shares how God remains faithful in the midst of sorrow.
Author & Writer
Encouraging outdoorsmens through the written word, Maury words have been touted in numerous publications including the Detriot Free Press, Parade, The Grand Rapids Press, the Banner, and The Church Herald.
His writings are also published in the following books:
- Hunting Season, Insights for Living From a Seasoned Hunter
Author, Maury DeYoung
- Power Up! Outdoor Edition
Contributing Authors, Charles Alsheimer,Tracy Breen, Maury DeYoung, and others
- Enjoy Fishing - Enjoy Living
Author, Maury DeYoung
Married for 41 years to his wife Cheryl, they have had five children – four of whom are married, the youngest who went to his home with Jesus at age 16. They have 11 grandchildren.